Thursday, October 11, 2007

The subprime meltdown comes home...

As I concluded in my last post, I was given the boot at work. I was employed in the mortgage industry by the nation's largest lender. Since it was all over the news in Europe I feel it is a safe assumption that you all are familiar with the current economic situation, the center of which is the US housing market and the subprime arena. Anyway, not to long ago, there was an announcement that the company was going to be reducing its workforce by roughly 25%. I managed to get through the first 4 rounds, but the last one hit home. I was one those "released," the 1st VP of Operations informed me. I'm not really all that broken up about it, truthfully. A final visit was required to pick up the remainder of my things and everybody I ran into said it was like a morgue these days. Yet another casualty of the Subprime fiasco...

So, any suggestions on what I should do with my time now that I am jobless? I was thinking a new fall wardrobe. You?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the layoff. However, yes, this does give you some time to indulge your passions...
I think a new fall wardrobe IS in order. By the way, the images of your trip and fabric are not showing up for me. I would love to see your textile finds.

renee said...

Oy. Well, here's hoping something better comes along. I think the photo links from your trip are broken :(