Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Home sweet home

It's so good to be home! Truly, I never thought I would say that about Phoenix, but it's really, really great to be home. We spent a wonderful weekend with my sister and her husband in San Diego. They were there for my brother-in-law's company annual meeting so we figured they would be too close not to visit. My suggestion was to rent bicycles to ride around Coronado, which was a blast!


Near the end of our visit, we were on the boardwalk in front of the Hotel del Coronado, I looked out over the surf and noticed a brown cloud heading our way. My first thought was smog, but by the time we made it to the ferry about 30 minutes later, it was obvious it was smoke filling the air. The Star of India, which is anchored at the Port of San Diego, was really difficult to see because of the smoke.

It's very sad what is happening right now in California. My heart goes out to all those families that are struggling right now in grief and loss. Hopefully, people will be safe...

No comments: