Saturday, April 14, 2007

Sewing for others...

Given that I love to sew and that I love my friends, occasionally the opportunity presents itself to join the two. I was chatting with a dear friend of mine this afternoon. We spent a while on the phone, brought each other up to speed on our respective lives and reflected how quickly the last year has passed. My friend had a birthday just this past week and I decided it would be fun to celebrate her and our friendship with a sewing project... Enter Simplicity 3927:


I also have this wonderful stretch charmeouse that my friend really liked when I showed her a photo. It is a polyester silky with just enough stretch to be forgiving. The tunic has great potential.



Once she sends me her measurements, I'll get to work. A full bust adjustment will likely be necessary; I'll be posting my method as I go.

No comments: